Fitness and weight loss are all about goals. There is a lot that goes in to it. I had a goal when I first started P90X. I wanted to lose 65 pounds. As I was going through the program I realized I probably wanted to revise my goals. It just wouldnt have made sense to lose 65 pounds with the muscle weight i was adding. When I first started the program there was so much passion and excitement. About 6 weeks in is when I think I hit the wall. I had to make a decision, the passion was gone, but I knew in my heart I wanted to see it through. So I kept pushing on.
This is what i can tell you about goals.
- You need to Define your goals. Know what they are, in and out, learn and know everything you can about what you want to do.
- Decide on what is going to help you achieve what you want, drop the things that will hinder you.
- Commit to smaller portions of your goals. As the saying goes, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Divide your goal in to smaller goals that you can track your progress.
- Review your goals and then refine them if you need to. If you realize your goal has shifted, review it and remap it.
- Make your goals your dreams and then love them. Commit to be more than just passionate, and that way, when the passion fades, you have your commitment. Dont quit!
- Get to know people who share your goals, who you can encourage, and who can encourage you.
- Dont wait for your motivation to come to you… GO FIND YOUR MOTIVATION!!!
If you want help fulfilling your income goals, become a Beachbody Coach. Sign up here