Here are some tips for getting through P90X Plyometrics or Plyometrix. I usually go with the X at the end because it’s easier and its more fitting with P90X.
Anyway no more delay.
Tips for getting through Plyometrix
- Recovery Drink! You can get it here. Yes you will need it. No, it’s not just a sales ploy. I didnt use it the first 2 weeks. That will never happen again! I take 1 scoop and mix it with water and drink a little bit at every break. DO NOT over do it, I dont care what you are drinking, do not over do it or you will get bloated and be sloshing around. If you can’t tell, I’ve made that mistake before.
- Get a towel. Love your towel. Marry your towel. You’re going to need it. Actually I’m going to assume you already know that since you probably searched for this site. You are probably sweating like never before. yes… Towel.
- Heart rate monitor. Get it here its the cheapest one and it also doesnt have the annoying strap. All I can tell you is this… You are going to be a lot more comfortable with a heart rate monitor. If you dont have one you very might well be questioning if you are pushing it too hard (again, experience). plus, you need to know that you are pushing hard enough.
- MODIFY. Tony says it all the time. You’ve got to listen. Almost every move you can modify. Squat jumps? Dont jump, just stand, or do a calf raise, whatever you need to do to make it through. Same with squat reach jump. The main point is that you want to be active for the period of time that the dvd is playing.
- Dont try to keep up with Dominique on jump knee tucks! Dont try to do the double time ones either. nuff said.
- Extend the breaks. When it comes time for a break, press pause and instead of 30 seconds, go to a minute, or 90 seconds
- Know that you can do it. Don’t be intimidated by plyo. It’s just another work out, and you can do it. You just need to follow some basic principles and you can do it and you WILL get better at it.
Sign up for the daily email motivations and stay motivated!